Supporting Bereaved Customers
Whatever the circumstances, the death of a loved one can be heartbreaking and challenging. It impacts individuals in different ways.
This training course provides an understanding of how bereavement may impact customers and how they engage with organisations. We will explore how to support bereaved customers with empathy and respect in practical and reasonable ways to avoid any additional distress. We will also explore how to navigate conversations and support customers and their families with terminal illnesses.
Delegates will have the opportunity to reflect, share good practices and participate in course activities and case study discussions.
Benefits to your organisation.
Investing in vulnerable customer training for staff not only aligns with ethical, legal and regulatory principles but also contributes to the overall success, reputation, and sustainability of the organisation in the long run.
- Compassionate interactions during times of grief can lead to stronger, more meaningful relationships with customers and potential customers
- Handling bereavement support effectively can minimise the risk of negative publicity and helps to maintain a positive customer reputation
- Staff trained to handle bereavement situations are better equipped to adapt to the unique needs of customers during challenging times
- Providing appropriate support to bereaved customers demonstrates compliance with legal and ethical standards related to customer care and empathy
- Understand bereavement and how it can shift customers’ priorities
- Recognise the impacts of bereavement
- Know and use appropriate bereavement terminology and responses
- Identify a range of practical steps to support bereaved customers
- Understand the importance of supporting someone planning their end of life
At a glance.
This 1/2-day course is ideal for anyone who regularly handles customer conversations, especially when the subject of bereavement and terminal illness arises.
Who should attend?
- Customer-facing staff
- Claims handlers
- Complaints handlers
- Vulnerability Champions and leads
- Customer Service Team Leaders