Handling Upset Customers
Learning how to handle upset customers with empathy, confidence and professionalism is vital to calm the upset customer, resolve the issues to everyone’s satisfaction, and reduce your own stress responses to confrontation.
Handling Upset Customers Training Manual
In this self-study manual you will discover the skills and techniques needed to manage confrontational situations with upset customers, defuse any anger and make the customer feel heard and validated.
The course includes questions to make you think about what you are learning and how it can be applied to your own particular organisation.
By working through this manual you will:
· Understand why customers complain
· Identify and manage the upset customer’s needs
· Discover how to calm an upset customer
· Recognise and manage your own responses to the conflict situation
· Learn how to communicate and connect with an upset customer
· Be able to take the learning from each confrontation for both yourself and your company
We also share techniques to help you:
· Find mutually satisfactory resolutions to the problem
· Handle aggressive and threatening customers who overstep the line
· Restore damaged customer relationships
For accountability and to ensure you gain the most possible from the manual, your answers to the included questions can be shared with your line manager.
The Handling Upset Customers Training Manual is available as a printed copy we will mail to you.